How I feel about social media: LJ1
Prompt 1
When it comes to my personal Dos and Don'ts of social media, for my don'ts, I like to think about what I post before sharing, I do not mix my personal life with business, I make sure not to use social media before I go to sleep, and to never have personal information on social media. When I first had social media, I was young and dumb. I had no thought of if I was giving people too much information when I went on rants on Facebook or when I would post cringe shirtless pictures of me, thinking I was the man, as people left me comments, such as,"Put a shirt on"!. Now that I am more mature, I always make sure that what I post does not offend anyone, does not give them to much personal information, or something that will just embarrass myself. As for my Dos, I make sure I limit the time that I spend on social media, I always make sure my account is secured, and I try not to get offended. Before, I would go to the comment sections of posts that I knew were going to have some offensive comments and I would start arguments with people. I have learned that it is a waste of time, and that most of the time, it is just someone that is looking for an argument to begin with. If I could go, I wish I would have know how powerful social media would eventually become. It started out as a way to connect with friends and family in a more convenient way no matter their distance. As time passed by, Social media grew to being a place for news, business, streaming, and a way to keep up with celebrities. I wish I would have know how addictive social media would have been. If I could have limited my time of looking at a phone screen for half of the day, I would probably be way farther in life than where I currently am now. I do not believe social media is a bad thing, But I do believe that there is a point when social media can be bad for you and others.
Prompt 2
When It comes to social media and self expression, I feel that it is a good thing for people to be able to express themselves freely. Not all the time can someone express themselves publicly in certain situations, so social media is just another way someone can express themselves. I also feel that people can be more critical over social media, which can make you scared to express yourself all together. In my opinion, Selfies make me cringe, but I used to take them all the time. If someone wants to take a selfie, then more power to them. I see it as just another way of self expression. I do believe that there should be rules to posting, some things can be to graphic for the public or to manipulative. If people can post whatever they want with no consequences, then children can come across something inappropriate with ease, or people can become mentally scared by what they have seen or read. I do know that a lot of inappropriate things are easily access able with the internet, but it is easier to thoughtlessly scroll through social media and see things, rather than physically searching up something. I think social medias down side, is the tendency for others to compare themselves to others, which can give false hopes of what life should be like. If someone wanted to quit social media, I think that it is alright. Social media is not for everyone, and some just see no point in using it. Social media can be mentally draining and I find myself sometimes logging out of them for a while just to stay sane.
Comments
Post a Comment