Social media Communication: LJ 8

                 I have found this week’s reading to be very informative in its explanation in social media broadcasting and other industries. Social media broadcasting is something that I have been heavily involved in without even knowing. From going on Instagram profiles to watch clips from my favorite shows to browsing YouTube, I have my fair share of viewing the social media broadcasting. Social media broadcasting is the broadcasting of shows, music, and entertainment on social media platforms to get Viewers/Listeners more involved with their favorite industries. From the article social media and television from Wikipedia (2022), “TV show producers are also releasing video clips from live TV, including promotional trailers and excerpts from shows on popular social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter Snapchat in order to generate additional advertising revenue and increase Internet users' awareness of and interest in their show. In some cases, social media Marketing may be more effective at reaching a target market and less expensive than using "traditional" marketing approaches for TV shows, such as TV Commercials.” This method is already heavily used by many, but I believe this method will become more used in the future by many industries due to the cost being cheaper than tv commercials.

Although I do use social media to interact with broadcast media, I do not try to reach out or communicate with stars/influencers. All though I am not huge on keeping up with social media stars/influencers, I do from time to time discuss with my friends about them, sharing videos with and pictures each other. From time to time I imagine myself being a social media influencer but never crave to become one. One day I might crave to become a social media influencer to spread positivity and wisdom. The fact that people can make money from doing whatever on social media has always made me think of the what if, but as of right now my focus is on education.  I also have thought of the benefits of becoming an influencer to create a business easier.

 

Bibliography

Wikimedia Foundation. (2022, January 29). Social Media and Television. Wikipedia. Retrieved April 13, 2022, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media_and_television

Comments

  1. Hello, Demarko! In m experience on social media, I have been convinced to tune into shows and watch movies because of intriguing advertisements. When I see people on Tik Tok discussing shows like the popular "Euphoria" it gives me the desire to watch. I am not a frequent watcher of television, so the media definitely does influence me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that promoting movies and television shows on social media sites like Youtube, as discussed by Wikipedia, can be an effective marketing tactic. Of course it makes sense to share trailers online, but some channels and services will also upload clips, compilations of clips, or even full episodes online for free. Some anime companies and streaming services will offer full episodes, and even full shows, online at no cost. While this may seem like a poor way to gain money, these companies know that it will either draw people into their streaming service to continue watching other similar shows or that it will help to sell merchandise. This is especially true with Bandai Namco, the owners of the Gundam franchise, because the free shows on their Youtube channel always include advertisements for the plastic model kits that go along with the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Demarko,
    The promotion of movies and shows on social media has definitely become big business. Directors and developers can now get instantaneous feedback on their work and know if what they're trying to convey is being interpreted correctly. It's really awesome to think about how much public feedback and promotion is available to them in comparison to pre-social media when TV and newspaper advertisements were what they were limited to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Demark, like you i was also actively participating in social media broadcasting without knowing so through youtube and twitch when i need some background noise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Demarko!

    I find it so crazy how quickly promotional ads or conversations have moved from YouTube or television to applications like TikTok or Instagram reels! Before, YouTube was the top place to watch or discuss media, but now people are creating conversations elsewhere. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Demarko,

    I agree with the social media influencers comments, I never really got into them since I'm a grown adult. I remember being young and liking YouTube and Vine. But I can't get into the TikTok influencers. They're just too young and it's like watching your 13 year old sister try to make jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Demarko,

    I believe that while ads or promotion has taken over our lives. You can be on TikTok and some normal video is actually an ad, they are on our TV/phones, everywhere. It has gotten to a point where social media is just ads and then people trying to become influencers which would in turn make them ads. I personally don't want to get that involved with an influencer but if I did it would probably just be to argue an opinion because I'm bored.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Demarko, you're right about how ads have kind of become a large part of social media.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I feel about social media: LJ1

EWOM and Ecosystems: LJ 9