Hands-on Assignment 2

    Media and social networking are two separate things that go hand to hand with one another. After reviewing the course material I can say I have a better grasp on how to define both. Media is any form of information that is accessible to the public, such as news and sports. On the other hand Social networking is a place where people can socialize or link with one another through a network also called social media. Though both are different, they go hand and hand with each other, which is why they call it social media.

    Currently, the social media that I use are Instagram, youtube, TikTok, Snapchat, and Facebook. I mainly use instagram for entertainment and information purposes. Instagram sometimes has entertaining videos on it, but information spreads quick on instagram. For just pure entertainment, I use snapchat and Tiktok for that. Both social media platforms offer a crazy amount of videos that my friends and other random people make, which can cure my boredom at any time of the day. As Youtube, I do watch a lot of videos of any genre, but I do like to create videos as well, as a hobby I only go on facebook when I get a message, but I only use it to keep up with family.

    Throughout my social media, I use youtube the most, while I probably spend only a couple of hours on the others. I am not a huge fan of social media and even though Youtube is a social media, I tend to not think it as one. Using social media at times makes me feel down about myself. When I see how easily people make life seem, it can make me sad to come to realize that life is actually very hard. Social media is good at making everyone and everything seem perfect, so when you get a dose of reality, it can make one sad about their life, even if they are doing well. Social media also opens your eyes up to how the world really is. You can find pages that throw you into all the bad sides that this world tries to hide. This world is far from perfect and we all as human beings have a long way to go.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I feel about social media: LJ1

Social media Communication: LJ 8

EWOM and Ecosystems: LJ 9