Hands-on Assignment 3
I chose to use Instagram because, even though I do not use it the most, it is one of my more preferable social media platforms that I use. According to the app activity tracker, I used Instagram on an average of 39 minutes a day through out the four day time period (which I have listed below). I only use Instagram from my Apple iPhone, since there is an app that makes it convenient to use. I tend to only use the app when I am bored and need to pass some time. From what I have noticed as I tracked myself, on the week days, I use the app when I first get into work or when I take lunch for work.
The app usage on the week days are much shorter than the weekends because I tend to have a lot less free time on the week days. When I get off of work I head straight to the gym and after the gym I head home to do some school work. On the weekends I tend to have more free time and I find myself using the app at random times. Usually if something catches my eye on the app, it will lure me in to craving more. On Instagram, I will message friends back, sending them videos and reacting to videos they send me, or I will just mindlessly scroll through, liking photos/video's until I am no longer entertained. I do not believe time of the semester affects my use of Instagram. I have plenty of time to go on it, I just chose to spend my time doing more productive things that strike my interest.
INSTAGRAM APP USAGE
Saturday 02/05/2022- 46 minutes
Sunday 02/06/2022- 46 minutes
Monday 02/07/2022- 35 minutes
Tuesday 02/08/2022- 19 minutes
*Instagram's data usage tracker only shows the amount of time spent each day on the app, not the specific times I used the app for each day.
Comments
Post a Comment