Final Project
I have always needed to create a Linked-in account for the sake of my future. Planning on entering the professional career doesn’t require you to have one, but I know that it will only make things easier as time goes by and my time here at USF comes to a glorious end when I graduate. This class has introduced me to a couple of social media platforms that I have never thought about touching and taught me things that the average person would not know when it comes to social media. That being said, my experience creating and briefly using Linked-in seemed very familiar due to my combined use of social media already and the social media that I have used for this class. Like all social media accounts, I had to create an account to get started including my name, email, etc. Navigating Linked-In was a little overwhelming at first with a little too many tabs to click through. After getting used to navigating, completing the account set up was fairly easy and straight forward. It seemed similar to a resume sheet as I filled out my education, job experience, and skills. The overall idea of Linked-In is brilliant in my eyes, it allows for professionals, jobs, career seekers, and companies to keep in contact and is truly a social media for the professional world.
Before the start of this class I never though of what goes into social media and how powerful social media actual is. This class taught me a little about algorithms, and how the internet creates an online version of our selves. These algorithms are incorporated into a lot of things that we use daily, such as games, social media, and your basic internet searches. This class taught me that social media has a potential that the average person would not know about. Social media is a powerful tool that businesses are incorporating as a part of their means to gain information about people and a way to advertise their products. Before this class I would mindlessly search through Instagram or YouTube, but now I always have the thought in the back of my mind wondering how this will change what an algorithm will create or what information a company will get from my searches and likes. I do see the potential in social media for new businesses, making it easier to advertise and spread the reach of their business further than ever before in a cheaper way.
Linked-in: www.linkedin.com/in/demarkorussell
Comments
Post a Comment